OK, I unbundled the rats nest of wires and took pictures. Each wire was in fact labelled with the zone number. Some notes:
- All of the red wires in the photos above did turn out to be commons. I used an Ohm Meter to check resistance between the reds and the white wire that was labelled as Common and there was no resistance.
- So, I have 3 red commons and the white common and the zone cables.
- I carefully labelled each source wire with a piece of tape and the zone number written on it.
- I connected all of the wires.
- The Master Valve cable was not in use as described above. _
Everything works except for Zone 2! I verified that all other zones work and I know Zone 2 was working prior to the conversion because it is in the front of the house.
Not sure how to troubleshoot a single zone. I did try and connect the wire to a free Zone slot and that did not work. I also connected Zone 1 in Zone 2’s slot and that worked fine. Just for grins, I connected the Master Valve, but that did nothing.
I’m really bummed, this seems like the most difficult thing to try and troubleshoot. Photos below:
This photo shows the 3 red commons and the 1 white common that was labelled common:
This photo shows the wiring unbundled:
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.