Oder of Schedules

Silly suggestion for next app update: allow the user reorder the schedule list manually or default the list be time of day the it is running - versus the list being in the order of when the schedule was made. (I haven’t found a way to do this yet.)

2 Likes

Just to make sure that I understand, you would like to reorder the zones within a schedule? If so, you can. I try to manually reorder the zones every day so that each zone gets a different time. After several days, I have rotated the zones in the schedule. To do this, More > Schedules, select the schedule, tap Duration, press & hold the four lines to the left of the zone name, and draw the zone where you want it. If I misunderstood, I apologize and would like some clarification.

1 Like

That is not what I was suggesting. Hopefully this will explain it:
Initially created schedule A, B, C, D - starting at 7:00, 7:30am and 6:00, 6:30pm respectively. Now I create schedule E - starting at 12:00pm; as it operates now, the default list is the order of schedules being created.
What I am suggesting is let the owner shuffle the appearance of the list by the time the schedule by the run time (i.e. A, B, E, C, D). Is this more clear?

Ah, my apologies. I agree that it would be nice to be able to sort the schedules differently as you mentioned. At this time, I have two schedules so it does not bother me. I could see having more in the future. I guess the only thing I would wonder is how to sort the schedules by time if they are ran on different days or using flex schedule. Maybe it would be better to just be able to change the order like I can with the zones in a particular schedule.

I agree. Reordering the Schedules should work the same way as reordering the Zones within a schedule. It would help a lot for those of us with several schedules to order them logically. Thanks. /JD

Good to know you can do that. I can’t think of a reason right now, but if I do, I’m in business. :wink:

I agree it would be good to be able to sort the order in which the schedules appear. And I much prefer the Android App, which displays all Enabled schedules at the top, separate from the Un-Enabled ones to the Web method of slighting graying out the disabled schedules. In fact, there are a number of things that are better on the app than the web: Like when clicking on a calendar date in the web, it tells you what Schedule will run, but not what zone, while the Android App also shows all the zones which will water, and how long they will run, which is MUCH better.

Looking at the schedule through the API, I am not exactly sure what is used for the current ordering.

The following are ascending:

id, startHour, startMinute

The following are descending:

summary, name, duration, externalName

The following are equal:

operator, cycleSoak, startDate, enabled, startDay, startMonth, startYear, type

The only thing is it seems like it is a combination of the start* properties (excluding the startDate). The startDate is in Unix time, but the time portion is all zero (seems odd to me to have this and the other start* properties including startHour & startMinute, which are undefined in one schedule and not another). Any ideas on ordering, what seems to be an inconsistency, and maybe old fields?