No wifi light

I got an email informing me that my gen 1 unit was offline. I tried to reset the connection, but the unit will not blink up at all. I’ve reset the router, and I’ve cycled the power on the unit. When I do recycle the power, I get no wifi light at all…no green, no Amber, no blinking, nothing. Is the unit toast? I’ve only had it a year

@Damianjoshua Sounds like either the unit or the power supply is toast, unless there’s a chance the outlet is the issue? Have you tested the outlet to ensure it is providing power? If so, I would recommend contacting our support team at support@rachio.com with a photo of your serial number and they should be able to help more effectively!

McKynzee :rachio:

1 Like

@Damianjoshua - there was a recent post with a similar issue. It turned out that the outlet was a GFI outlet that had tripped. Take a lamp, with a known good bulb, and plug it in the same outlet to check it out. Any recent lighting storms?

1 Like

I thought maybe that was the case, but I get a power light when I plug the unit in. Only the wifi light won’t illuminate.

Hey @Damianjoshua-

When you say wifi light, which LED are you referring to? Check out this article for more details.

@mckynzee - Damianjoushua has a Gen 1 Rachio device, not a Gen 2. Here are the light codes for the Gen 1:

2 Likes

:ok_woman: What would I do without you guys @DLane

The first light labeled “Power” stays constant green when plugged in. The second light labeled “wifi” does not light up, doesn’t blink, doesn’t do anything. I tried to reset the wifi, but the unit will not blink up

Hey @Damianjoshua-

Sounds like something is wrong with the unit. If you would contact our support team at support@rachio.com (feel free to include this thread) and they will get you back up and running. Since it’s only been a year, you are still in warranty.

1 Like

Well, unfortunately, it was a year April 6th. Guess I’m out that $200

1 Like

@Damianjoshua - I don’t think so. a) if you check the warranty page (http://www.rachio.com/warranty) you’ll see that it is a two (2) year warranty

Subject to the terms and conditions set forth herein, RACHIO warrants that the Product will be free from material defect in materials and workmanship for a period of two (2) years from the date of purchase from RACHIO or an authorized dealer

And b) I’ve seen Rachio do right by their customers.

So like @mckynzee said, contact support, reference this string and I think they’ll take care of you.

3 Likes

@Damianjoshua Like @DLane said, you do have a 2 year warranty! Also, we do like to do right by our customers :slight_smile: They will get things resolved quickly!

1 Like

I totally appreciate the help from both of you. I just assumed that the warranty was only a year. Two years is really uncommon, so kudos to Rachio! Thank you so much!

2 Likes

Anytime @Damianjoshua! We are just that confident in the product :wink: Looking forward to getting you back to watering.

1 Like