Before installing a Rachio (or after) it is imperative to do a system check. Look for these problems that impair Rachio’s abilities:
- High pressure
- Mix of rotors and sprays
- Sunken heads
- Broken pipe and leaking heads
- Valve malfunctions
- Tilted heads
- Rotors that are not turning
- Single rows of heads (i.e. no head to head coverage.
- Low pressure
- Heads spaced too far apart
- Heads blocked
- Mix of adjustable and fixed arc nozzles
- Hodge podge of different manufacturer nozzles and rotors
This will get you started.
Then you get into landscape and turf issues?
- Are you mulching
- Heavy thatch
- Fertilizing cool season grasses in the summer
- Mixing plants with different water requirements.
- Tight clay soils, hardpans
Check these out. Find the problems, flag the problems and fix the problems. Hope this helps someone.