I replaced a Cyber Rain Pro that never worked right for me with a 16 Zone Rachio. Setup was not difficult but there were some minor issues:
- Connecting wires was not obvious to me, and I have a reasonable amount of experience with electrical systems and home control. Might be useful to just add one line to the manuals to depress the notched tab on top and insert the wire.
- Wire run into the device is awkward and not big enough really for 16 zones to make it easy. It was very tight and difficult to run all cables in with Rachio attached to wall. I had to remove it and run wires in and then re-attach. I would change this design to make this easier.
- Blink Setup with Galaxy S6 failed multiple times, and only after I went online into the FAQ did I see the note that iOS works better for a number of technical reasons and Android could have issues. Would have helped to have this info again in the setup instructions, would have saved me 15 - 20 minutes of keeping trying my S6 to no avail. Worked on 1 try with iPad.
- Zone Setup - This is done really well and was a breeze.
- Watering Schedule - Not intuitive again for 16 zones. Needed to give some thought to how to split my zones and then manually set up the watering based on that split, otherwise I would be watering for 12 hours a day 3 days a week. Would be great to add better intelligence to system with more than 8 zones (even 8 zones might be better split up rather than all in one day as well).
Overall easier and better designed than Cyber Rain system, wish this was available a couple of years ago before I bought the Cyber Rain.