New UI Suggestions (calendar + zones)

Hi,

Not sure the best place to add this, so please let me know if this is in the wrong spot. I’d like to humbly request having a calendar (or even Schedules) within the view of the zones. I’ve been using rachio for about 2 months now and I love it, but I really miss being able to see a calendar and the zones in the same view. Ever since the UI redesign I’ve been struggling (well, more than the previous design) to see what changes I should make, make changes, and verify how those changes affected the dates. Since I’m a new user I’m constantly fiddling with zones and checking the dates and I really miss having the calendar within view of the zones, as it helps me visualize the changes I make, while looking at last run and the new next run.

Maybe running a card sort on the information architecture would help us users let you know what they believe is related?

Thanks!

David

1 Like

I would add that it would be helpful to have the day included with the date on Next and Last Run on the Zones page, i.e., “Tue, 03/20” not just “3/20.”

Hey @davidj! Do you mind elaborating more on this? I’m not sure I understand.

McKynzee :rachio:

Hi Mckynzee, don’t want to get too much in the weeds, but a card sort is a method used to gain insight on what your information architecture should be based on feedback from users. Here’s a link to a short video that explains it. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgX6q1lfB2Y

Please don’t take this the wrong way, I do love the product, particularly the engine that makes all the decisions on what to do, but I find the new UI a bit inefficient for me as a new users tweaking the schedules :slight_smile:. Hopefully I can get it dialed in soon :wink:

@davidj @mckynzee

I agree with DavidJ… the UI is Tedious & Inefficient, especially the navigation. The website is designed as if it was a phone sized touchscreen and both web & phone have WAY too many touches required… you dont even utilize swipes.

Give David and I two hours and we’d rework the navigation and such to create a far more efficient UI with very few changes to the core screens.

the Skydrop web UI is a good example of a useful and efficient UI