New Grass - How to set schedule

I have new (Hydroseeded) grass. I need to water 10 times per day btwn 8-6 (roughly) about 3 minutes each. Any easy way to set that up?

@ccwtech

We appreciate you purchasing an Iro. Thanks for reaching out to us.

So with this scenario your best bet may be to use IFTTT. I am not sure if you are familiar with this but basically what you can do is create recipes (commands) for the Iro. So you could create one watering time with all of your zones that have seed and setup Google calendar events that will trigger this watering time to run. I can walk this through with you on the phone if you would like. Or if you want to email us at support@rachio.com I can email you the steps that you would need to do.

Let me know what works best.

Thanks,
Kevin

Yes, I’ll call in.

if you get an iftt recipe to work, please post what you did here?

Probably would be better to have support post what instructions they offered to email to me. I’d still like a call, but i would hate to tell you wrong plainsane.

Kevin, I can’t get any help from support. The tech I talked to didn’t know and said he was going to have someone call… No one ever called.

@ccwtech, Emil here, filling in for @kevinro. Zach (with our support team) had to build a custom IFTTT recipe for you. He’ll be calling you shorty. Sorry for the delay.

@ccwtech

We are going to be giving you a call soon. Really sorry for the delay on this.

@plainsane There are a couple already posted. Just would need some tweaking based on specifics.

sure, i keep waiting for somethign that does not require a google calendar .

This recipe: Log in - IFTTT doesn’t require a Google calendar :wink:

What would you like to accomplish using IFTTT? Maybe we can think up a recipe for it.

Best, Emil

if my external rain sensor trips i want to impose a 2 day rain delay. the last few weeks here rachio has not done the best job with predicted rain, well, not really rachio, more the lower chance of rain that actually materialized. my flexies have still run 2 times, the day after my rain sensor tripped.

Working on an IFTTT trigger for just that. It’s going to support every event type in our system :wink:

:beers:

1 Like

dang @franz, you hunter pounced that one like a maniac. you must be keeping really close tabs on me after the lower your price thread.

i have hope, i keep hoping…was naively optimistic that this recipient was gonna learn me something that i could leverage.

1 Like

You will be able to roll your own recipe triggered by any event in our system to any channel action of your liking.

1 Like

That whole thread was exactly what everyone thought it was, I’ll know better next time.

1 Like

well, im super stoked to know that yall didnt redirect my iro to the “burn turf” plugin. yall have a good holiday. i absolutely cant wait for the official app to drop on monday, my iphone needs some flexy love BIG TIME BRO!

That will be in 2.0, don’t worry!

You too!

I found this problem fairly easy to solve. Basically, with the app you create a new watering schedule for just the new-seedling zones and enable it. You keep your usual schedule enabled as well (but temporarily disable those zones in it so you aren’t double-watering them).

Set up the new schedule (Android):

• Select “IRRIGATION” on the bottom of the screen
  • Select “SCHEDULES” on the top of the screen
  • Select “CREATE SCHEDULE” (next to the “QUICK RUN” button near the near the bottom of the screen)
  • Choose “Fixed” as the schedule type
  • Select the zones I wanted it to apply to (the ones with the new seed)
  • Push the “NEXT” button
  • Enter a name for the new schedule
  • Push the “NEXT” button
  • Choose “Hourly interval”
  • Push the “NEXT” button
  • In your case, where you want to water 10 times a day, select “Every 2 hours”
  • Push the “NEXT” button
  • Select “Start at a specific time”, and a popup will appear for you to select a time. I selected a time in the morning. Now, it’s not clear to me exactly what this means. It might mean it will run from that specific time all the way through midnight. If that’s the case, and you wanted to have the zones run all day long (including all night long), then I think you would want to choose a start time of midnight (or shortly thereafter. But that’s just a guess.
  • Push the “NEXT” button
  • Choose a “Start Date” and “End Date”, presumably the duration requiring a special watering schedule.
  • Push the “NEXT” button
  • For the type of cycle, I don’t know for sure what’s appropriate. (I chose “Smart Cycle.”)
  • Enter the watering duration per station
  • Push the “NEXT” button
  • Push the “DONE” button
    Now you have a new schedule.

Make sure it’s enabled:

• Select the schedule you just created and make sure it’s enabled (it should be). If it isn’t set it to Enabled.

Temporarily modify your usual schedule to skip the new-seedling zones (to prevent double-watering):

• Select your usual schedule
  • Select “Zones”
  • Uncheck the new-seedling zones
  • Push the “DONE” button

When you are done with the special watering schedule in a month or so, don’t forget to re-enable those zones in the usual watering schedule. And you can delete the new-seedling schedule if you want.