My PWS not showing up

Thanks @Gene! We do plan on using interpolated weather to derive ET, will be released once beta and other validation is finished. Should provide more accurate ET values :smiley:

:cheers:

1 Like

My default NOAA station is KNUQ. It fails to provide any data after 6:55am. So ET calculations are way low. Rachio fails to detect this lack of data, and doesn’t allow me to exclude it from list of available stations. So selection of a PWS station results in bad data for ET calculations.
IMO Rachio should allow selection of PWS stations for ET calculations. I have dozens of good PWS stations close by. Right now I’m forced to select a NOAA station 11 miles away, so I can’t select a PWS station for rainfall. Precipitation data will be pretty useless.

Gene, can you help me as well. I have my PWS set up and it’s showing up on Wunderground, Ambient Weather and PWS Weather but not a choice to select on Rachio.

Since you have the data on WU and pwsweather, there is nothing else that is needed to use it with any generation of Rachio controllers. Your station may simply be under a week old, which is a minimum time to pass QC and show up as a choice on a Rachio map.

Yes, it was installed on Aug 10. I provided a DIY on the Ambient Weather on my YouTube channel https://youtu.be/HYrlp8pXrSU. For Weather Underground my station ID is ILIPA3. For PWS Weather it is VILLAFELIZX1. I wish to also add one of my CCTV camera’s to WU but have not been successful and I haven’t found a good DIY video or article on specific configuration of Dahau cameras to WU.
Thanks for you very quick reply. I hope to see my PWS on Rachio soon.

1 Like

Just an update. After reaching out to you last night I checked my Rachio Weather Intelligence options and now see PWS_VILLAFELIZX1 showing up and I was able to select it as my preferred station. I’m not sure if you had anything to do with this but from all the help you’ve done with other Rachio customers I wouldn’t be surprised.
Thanks for the quick response to my question regarding this process. ~jaMes My PI Dream

No, it has not been my doing :slight_smile:
Pwsweather has been changing much this year, it used to take only a couple of hours for a new station to show up on the Rachio map, but than they’ve implemented a QC process, similar to what WU is doing. I guess they are still tweaking the formula so to speak, I’m glad it didn’t take as long, perhaps they will implement this shorter QC process in general.