My lawn is turning brown and I can’t figure out how to adjust the settings

I’m sure this question has been asked before, but I can’t figure out how to change the settings in my Rachio three to reduce the The time between each zone being watered. Right now my lawn is turning brown because it is not getting enough water, and I can’t for the life of me figure out how to adjust the settings so that it gets watered more often. Please help!

Depending on where you live, I have seen that you have a PUMP a lot of water and fertilizer to keep the lawn green in summer. For example with 90 degrees plus temp, most of it tries to go dormant. If I give it a “light” watering every day, and some of it turns green. I am unsure how much water you would need to dump if you get around 100 degrees June/July and that is hard to avoid. Good news is that the lawn is just dormant if you have watered some and that is the brown color. Starting in late august it will automatically turn green as the temps move to low 80s. So, hang tight for a couple of more weeks. I am in transition zone with cool season grass.

@JoelMillican

Did you want to increase duration or frequency or both?

:cheers:

Frequency. Each zone is watered every 3 to 4 days. It needs to be more often than that. If you can tell me how to do this I will be every so grateful!

To increase watering frequency, increase the crop coefficient 5%-15%. You can see immediate changes on the soil moisture graph for the next two weeks of watering frequency.

Moar information on adjusting flex daily settings.

This was very helpful, thank you so much! I love my Rachio 3 but getting it tuned was beyond me without your help.

1 Like

I have the same question for how to change the schedule. I want to change duration. How do I do it?

This article explains how to adjust schedule durations.

All these links are now dead. Well, redirected to a page saying it’s been moved. Can you update the links?

Here’s one:

Another:
How do I edit a watering schedule? (rachio.com)