Multiple run times

I’ve had the Rachio for a while - it’s been very dependable and solid as a rock. However, I’m afraid depending on local weather data is not really providing adequate watering for my lawn.

Since adding the Rachio, my lawn is the worst that it has ever appeared. I’ve tinkered with the soil types and sprinkler types to no avail.

I’m sure this must have been asked before, but how do I get Rachio to cycle through my schedule multiple times on watering days? My city currently allows me to water two days a week, but I would like to cycle through my schedules multiple times on those days. I have not found a way to do this. Unfortunately, my old Honeywell controller had more flexibility in this regard.

Any help would be much appreciated.

You can create many Fixed schedules for any zone. For watering only on two days a week, it is not recommended to use any of the Flex schedules (the Rachio help page on Flex does recommend against using it if there are more than 3 days of restriction). I’d create two Fixed schedules with different start times using a water duration you’re comfortable with. Maybe 30 minutes (Depending on your precipitation rate) for the morning schedule, before sun rise, and maybe half that for the afternoon schedule — say around 3pm — for a pick-up.

Fixed schedules also have plenty of smarts/intelligence features so it’s still taking full advantage of the controller.

Water restrictions seem to lack any rhyme or reason or science and definitely don’t allow any kind of reasonable watering to keep a lawn fully green. They seem to be designed to keep a lawn brown, limping along, maybe dormant, but not completely killed off. They are first and foremost to save water at all costs.

1 Like