Multiple Flow Sensors

I’m going to be installing my new irrigation system next weekend. This is a ground up installation (no pun intended). We’ve done extensive work on our property; part of which was concrete replacement. During the concrete, tons of piping was damaged, as was expected. So I’m doing a complete new system. We have two major sections to our system; front of property, and back of property. I have 10 conductor wire running to each location. I’ve got the 16 station Rachio to support all the zones. Since everything is split in two, I have purchased two Toro TFS-075 flow sensors. On my web interface I see the ability to put both sensors in. But nothing in the guide is definitive on if I can have two flow sensors. I wanted to confirm that yes (or no) you can have two flow sensors. I also want to confirm the wiring. I assume I would put both commons together, and insert in to the Sensor common. Are both of those correct?

Also, assuming both of those are correct, I assume the Rachio assumes that whichever sensor is getting a reading is the one that it associates to an active zone. Is that also correct?

You will need something like pathway https://www.creativesensortechnology.com/pathway-1

I apologize, but being unfamiliar, I’m not sure which product I would use, and what the purpose would be. Can you elaborate? I do not have a master pump. So the pathway device doesnt appear to fit my use case.

In my Rachio design I have 14 zones, and 2 sensors. I would have thought the Rachio 16 zone controller could support that natively. Am I not correct?

https://www.creativesensortechnology.com/combiflow Sorry, wrong link.

That will allow you to use 2 flow sensors on the single port, freeing up the second sensor for a rain sensor.

If you don’t care about rain sensor, the just plug each one into each port and you are good to go.

And yes, both grounds would go into the sensor common. Mine looks like an octopus is trying to crawl in as my flow sensor rain sensor all feed in with a total of 4 wires going in.

Gotcha. Yeah, I dont have any interest in a rain sensor. I live in Southern California. It rains maybe 5 days a year. And the weather stations should provide enough info to the Rachio that I’m adequately covered.

Thank you for the info. I think I have what I need to move forward.