MiCasaVerde Vera Plus integration (MiOS)

Same for me too. I have an Ecobee thermostat, Schlage door lock, cameras, light bulbs… I LOVE MY RACHIO… in fact, it’s the most amazing piece of tech I own… yet, no Vera / ZWave support.

1 Like

For HomeSeer integration I rely on a 3rd party plug-in someone wrote. I do wish the Rachio had a native Z-Wave Plus radio so I could skip the need for the cloud services API to make calls to or get statuses from the device.

1 Like

+1 for VERA integration. VERA has an add on that scrapes Wunderground weather data so that would be an additional benefit…

+1 for Vera. I just installed my Rachio today. However, I took it for granted thinking that it would interface to the Vera. Nice little unit, but without Vera support it is getting shipped back today. Looks like I will need to verify that the RainMachine works with it before I go ahead and purchase that one.

Having owned this for about a month now, I would not say it needs to be Vera integrated. Sure, it would be great… But honestly, I don’t ever expect to have to do much with the Rachio. While I still hope they integrate, it’s a keeper regardless in my opinion.

1 Like

I’d be interested in this as well. I have the dev chops, but not really the time. If I get a chance in the next few weekends, will take a look-see and try to report back.

2 Likes

Quick update - spent some time this weekend tinkering - managed to get some code running on my Vera that can query the Rachio API and display things. Nice job with the API and docs site. :slight_smile:

I’m fairly busy the next few weeks, but what I’m going to try and do is get the code built out just a little bit more, then put that on github (will post a link here). Issues/requests can be made there, and any contributions will be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

Did you put anything into git? I don’t have a rachio yet but one is on order. Would like to see where you got and see about helping out. All that family and kids stuff limits my available time, so I may or may not be much help. The REST API looks fairly straight forward…

If anyone is interested, there is a Vera plugin for Rachio:

Information on Rachio Iro App for Vera Integration

Its been out for awhile, and I’m guessing many Vera users on this forum may already know. But just in case, I’m posting for the benefit of anyone wondering when something like this would be available. I actually think its been out almost a couple of years (about the time this thread went stale).

I’m a new Rachio user and have been connected to a Vera for around a decade. So I went into my Vera dashboard, installed the app, inserted the Rachio API, then all of my zones and schedules appeared as devices in Vera.

I haven’t had an opportunity to try it out, but I can see some potential for creating scenes when certain conditions occur. I’m not sure I’ll find a use for the Rachio Iro app, but I like the ability to control zones from another app. It is yet to be seen how useful this will be, but there are likely a lot of other Vera users who have found some nice creative functionality integrating Rachio into Vera. I would be interested to know how others are integrating Vera with Rachio.

I’ve found the same thing with ST…not a ton of usefulness IMHO.