Meet Team Rachio - McKynzee W

As if I have to introduce her… Meet the famous @mckynzee! Mck (as we call her) is Rachio’s Associate Product Manager, previously Community Manager. She’s blessed us with her presence (and crazy brilliance) since August 2016. Get to know her more below! :point_down:

Where are you from?
Born and raised in CO! Natives unite!

What do you like to read?
I have a super niche reading preference- I enjoy medically focused dramatic biographies. I studied biomedical engineering in college so it lets me flex that muscle a little. If you want to give them a try some good ones are Brain on Fire, When Breath Becomes Air, or The Year of Magical Thinking (<reading this one right now). I like other stuff too, but this is my go to when I don’t know what to read.

Describe yourself in three words.
Can I cheat and do a phrase? I had a friend tell me once that “I treat everything in my life like headline news”, and I don’t think I’ve heard anything more accurate in my life. Basically I’m dramatic, ok?

What do you give a damn about?
I think we live in a really exciting time for tech, and what I really care about is creating responsible products. Things that solve real problems in an ethical and thoughtful way. It’s why I got into product.

What’s a secret talent of yours?
Has anyone ever played that game Speak Out? It’s the one where you try to get people to guess what you’re saying with one of those dentist mouth pieces in. I am ALARMINGLY good at this game. It’s insane.

Team Rachio LOVES getting to know our customers, so we felt it appropriate to make sure you can get to know us too. Every time we have a new hire, we’ll introduce them to you all here. But there are a good chunk of us who have been here for a while, so we’ll make sure you get to know them as well! Have questions? Ask away!

7 Likes

You guys finally get to know the person behind the handle, I feel so exposed

1 Like

:face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Hey Mckynzee! Happy to have you here. You guys all rock!

3 Likes

Keep up the good work. You are all doing an excellent job to keep an industry leader out on the market for all of us to enjoy and share with our customers.

3 Likes

Hey girl, always has been a great help. Keep watching the movies.
Mike

2 Likes