Master Valve Question

I have a Well at my home which has a pump and supplies water for my entire home, including the sprinkler system. I don’t have a separate we’ll for the sprinkler system. I’m wondering how I should set the master valve given this and the wiring diagram below?
Thanks for any help!

@mbaturin - I would probably set the “well or pump start relay” option to ON. A wire doesn’t need to be in the M terminal unless there is a dedicated master valve for the sprinkler system. My guess is that there is a pressure tank that will turn the well pump on when pressure drops to a certain level. This advanced wiring option will enable setting a delay to let the well recharge during watering.

2 Likes

Hmm ok - thank you for your answer, but to me it seems that you have to have a pump relay wired from the pump to it and from it to the rachio - which I do not have. So I do not believe my controller can currently speak to or control my pump in any way. This is why I was thinking it should be turned off. Via: https://support.rachio.com/en_us/water-pumps-and-pump-relays-B1iiDLJKD

Not sure if I might be missing something though.

As @DLane has mentioned, your pump turns on automatically when it sees water usage, pump start relay is needed for a dedicated irrigation wells/pumps which lack that feature (auto start / stop). You can enable the well pump option without actually hooking anything up, this way the system will still let your well to recover without needing to rewire your setup.

3 Likes

Got it - appreciate the help @DLane and @Gene

1 Like