I recently installed 1 Rachio (gen 2) to manage a pump + a few zones for pasture watering. We also have a second set of zones for the house lawn which I am looking to add a Rachio for too. One Rachio controls the pump (“main pump Rachio”), which also feeds the house irrigation line. I am setting up the line that goes to the house as a specific zone on the main pump Rachio. And planning to have the 2nd Rachio (“house Rachio”) manage the zones at the house.
I can’t have both Rachio’s control the pump (via a pump start relay) given the distance + working with what I have. I will likely just coordinate timing between the 2 units independently until there is a better option.
It would be great to be able to coordinate between separate Rachio units. Ideally, what I would like to be able to do is:
(1) main pump Rachio turns on the irrigation pump + opens the house zone line
(2) main pump Rachio notifies the house Rachio that the pump is on + house zone is on
(3) house Rachio runs through its zones
(4) house Rachio notifies main pump Rachio it is complete with it’s zone programs
(5) main pump Rachio continues with other zones. Or shuts down pump and house zone if done
Ideally, there would be some way of chaining actions across Rachios. Maybe too much of a specific use case. But I would imagine a similar setup if someone needed more than 16 zones, had 2 units, and was not able to put a pump start relay in place for both units to manage.