Lots of rain

The weather service reported almost 4 inches of rain 2 days ago then we had another inch yesterday. Yet I have 2 zones reporting moisture content of 62%. This can’t be right.

Thank heavens it doesn’t happen very often, but when you get a supersaturation event like this, Rachio doesn’t always handle it very well. It maxes out with a moisture content of 110%, and if it’s hot, that can go down very quickly in a day. Normally it all works out just fine with that max of 110%, but it doesn’t when something like this happens. It’s a bit of a pain, but I normally just go in and mark all my zones full for a day or two. Luckily it doesn’t happen that often for me, maybe once a year.

Thanks for the info. How does marking the zones as “full” differ from “Standby Mode” and how do you mark the zones as full? Thanks again for your help.

You get to the spot to mark them “full” or “empty” by going to the zone, go to “soil moisture”, and then you can do it from that screen. It’s a bit time consuming because you have to do each zone individually. I never thought about putting it in standby, but that would do it. I just don’t know what the zone details look like after it comes back from standby since I never put mine in standby.

Thanks. Will give it a try

Putting the controller in standby certainly works, but you do have to remember to turn off standby when you want to water again.

I prefer to use the manual water delay feature, where you can select the number of days for the delay, or the manual skip.