Intermatic Mechanical Timer Replace :)

As I’ve mentioned before, you may want to check that an option to minimize water hammer (link) is turned ON, other than that it sounds like you have your master valve/pump enabled correctly (otherwise it would not work).

You’ll want to find a good PWS station near you, here is some description (link) on how to do so via weather underground if existing stations in your area do not have a good rainfall data.

Good job! Make sure to post final pictures after cleanup :slight_smile: Others in your situation may also appreciate if you could provide an estimate on how much your renovation has cost (if you don’t mind sharing).

Cheers, :v:
Gene

Call me old fashioned, but even though it may be unnecessary I’d be terminating that ground wire around one of those silver screws in the middle that appear to hold the relay in the box.

I cut off the ground cable

1 Like

After doing some cleaning this is the final product, the cost I will say was minimum just the rachio unit pvc pipes, the elbows, the pvc glue oh and the fuse box and the relay I would say around 300$ which is totally worth it to me, its clean and I can control it from anywhere, thanks to all that helped me in this process

2 Likes

@rmadrid20 - looks great! Nice and neat, much better than the prior configuration. Good job.

1 Like

Looks great @rmadrid20! Thanks for sharing you experience, this is awesome!

Hello fellow South Floridians! I’m a Rachio Certified Pro installer here in Weston. You CAN use the Rachio with an indexing valve when you trick the software into using a “cycle and soak” in between zones. Set it for 1 minutes and assuming your indexing valve is working right that pause will allow your valve to switch to the next zone when the schedule resumes. That said, I HATE indexing valves and replace them with individual zone valves whenever the budget permits. And since your not too far away from me, curious what SOIL TYPE you have chosen? Most of the homes I service are listed as “lauderhill” soil by USGS. Thats basically MUCK. Although I do agree that certain portions of the property can be muck most of the properties here were raised by using limestone fill taken from the lakes. I experimented with a few different selections and have settled on sandy loom as my soil type.

1 Like

To add my 2 ¢ to the restarted thread, Rachio offers a dedicated “Delay between zones” cycle and soak setting if and only if Advanced Wiring (M terminal) setting for the controller is set to “Well or Pump start relay”.

This feature was released on April 4th (link)

For someone with an indexing valve, it may be confusing that they have to choose well pump setting instead of the master valve that they may actually have.

Alas it also doesn’t address the downside that indexing valve will not work with a flex daily schedule, which is the Bee’s Knees option of schedule types.

1 Like

Assuming every zone is the same selection for grass/plants/sprinkler heads/slope/soil etc… why would a flex daily schedule not work properly? What am i missing

If you happen to have some sort of farm with identical conditions between zones, I presume it may work, but while it is possible to have the same soil, vegetating and slope conditions throughout your property, it is unlikely that sun exposure / shade will be identical throughout.

With an indexing valve, even if one zone is slightly different, the system cannot guarantee that it is properly irrigating the expected zone.

1 Like