I thought I understood Flex Daily

I’m using flex daily and had selected a weather station close to our home and one that has shown essentially the same weather as on my Vantage Pro 2.

Yesterday morning zones 1, 2 and 3 showed soil moisture of 110%. The other zones showed less but about the same. Late morning yesterday we had a half an inch of rain and both the selected weather station and mine had identical readings.

Intuitively, I would have thought that the rain we had would have influenced my soil moisture readings but to my surprise the readings have decreased to 73% for all three zones. So what am I not understanding? Is that weather station I have picked not part of the overall equation for the soil moisture reading?

If you tap to go into a zone, then tap on the soil moisture %, it should pull up a daily graph. If you click on the “More Detail” option, it should give you the math behind everything.

If the “More Detail” doesn’t make sense (or seem correct), if you could post a screenshot of it, folks can take a look at it.

1 Like

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction, aristobrat.

The graph showed .44 inches of precipitation so that answers my question. My recollection was that the 110% moisture was shown before the rain. I guess I misremembered.

IIRC, predicted rain is included in the moisture %, so you may not be misremembering. :slight_smile: At some point, the predicted rain is replaced by actual rain readings from the PWS.

3 Likes