I’m not sure I understand the Weather Intelligence PLUS

It rained a lot Wednesday, Thursday, Friday over 2” one night. Then no rain Saturday or Sunday but it watered today, Monday and it’s going to rain more Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. It only stops watering if it’s going to rain more than a certain amount that very same day?

Hey @Tanquen!

Rain Skip works in two ways - first, Rachio will do a check 12 and 1 hour prior to the scheduled run for actual and forecasted rain totals. Then, if those totals exceed your Rain Skip threshold (under More > Weather Intelligence Plus) it will skip the schedule. If those totals do not exceed the threshold, it will still run.

:cheers:

@Tanquen Looks like you are on a flex monthly schedule. In a “normal” scenario since it rained so much we would have done a climate skip assuming your ground was saturated and you could make it to the next watering. Since you are on flex monthly and hadn’t watered since 11/9, and wouldn’t have watered until sometime in December, the system decided it couldn’t make it to the next watering without the system being depleted. If this had happened during a time where you were watering more frequently it definitely would have skipped.

1 Like

That doesn’t sound unreasonable but with all the rain just days prior and continuing to rain all this week I don’t think the watering was of any use. If it’s only watering every few weeks what’s the difference between the ground being saturated 2 or 3 days last week and 2 or 3 days this week by rain alone versus the sprinklers doing it again on one of the few days in between when it wasn’t raining?

Again raining a lot this week, rain again today and I have it on the lowest setting and still it was trying to run this morning and it’s scheduled to run this week. It really seems like running this morning would be a waste.

@Tanquen Thanks for reporting this. I did verify about .3 inches of precipitation yesterday near you.

https://www.wunderground.com/personal-weather-station/dashboard?ID=KCANAPA92#history/s20190309/e20190309/mdaily

I’ve opened a support ticket with our weather provider to better understand why they did not capture that precipitation. Part of me thinks it might be a daylight savings issue but I’ll let you know what we ultimately uncover.

Thanks for reporting this and have a great day.

@Tanquen This was in fact due to a Daylight Savings Issue with our weather provider.

They will be resolving the issue this week. Thanks again for reporting this!

Our teams were able to confirm this bug is related to daylight savings. We’re currently working on finalizing the fix which we will then pass off to QA to verify. We’re planning on pushing this out Wednesday. I’ll follow up if that timeline changes, but hopefully you won’t hear from me until it’s in production.

It happened again this Wednesday. We had some unusual rain for this time of year. I guess I’d like to be able to tweak the 12 hour prior window. Something like my lawn should be watered once a week. If it rains a lot one week the skip it and rest the week counter to the last day it rained and wait another 7 day before restarting the weekly schedule and watering again. Maybe I’m thinking too small but why water the lawn on Wednesday when it rained a good amount Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday?

This happened again today. It rained this morning and the sprinklers ran too. Seems wasteful. :frowning: