No, this company is full of fake news and fraudulent products. I threw away a lot more than $80 spending for a controller becoming a “paying” beta tester and now stuck with a hole in my irrigation line because I cannot force the flow meter into the pipe I cut.
Heres what happened to me in summary:
-
Paid money in March and didnt receive the first part of the product until May. Didnt receive the second part until June. Thats irregular at best.
-
App didnt work and I kept getting the bug to download new firmware. Wasted hours on that. Unpaid beta tester.
-
Was not told in advance that I would need to allow for an extra 6" piece of copper pipe ahead of the flow meter and 3 or 4 fittings instead of the two depicted in the pics.
-
Was given misinformation (by email, I have the records) that I could replace the ball valve with the same reducing coupling used on the other end of the flow meter.
-
Instructions misleading with typos, but worse not properly explaining that there is a difference between diameter of the so-called 1" flow meter ends and the typical SharkBite fittings designed for copper.
-
Ordered wrong parts and now I have to return them for only partial refund.
-
Left with an open copper pipe gap after cutting the pipe because the flow meter requires stretching the gap with the existing piping, not possible in my situation.
Do you think this is a responsible company? And finally…
- Threatened with removal from this forum for speaking the truth instead of fake news Rachio.