Hunter pro c to Rachio 3 issue

I thought my wiring was pretty straightforward but none of the zones are working.

Here’s the before:

And here’s what I did (for troubleshooting only using the first 3 zones)

But when I go to setup the zones nothing works.

Thanks in advance!

Did the old Hunter Pro C function properly?

Is your water supply on? If you manually turn on a zone at the valve, do they turn on?

@tmcgahey asked most of the questions that I was going to. My remaining are:

1. Do you know what the other wires are for?
  2. Do you happen to know if any type of sensor is being used? I know nothing is hooked up to the old Pro-C’s SENS terminals, but sensors do exist that might be hooked up another way.

Looks like I figured it out. Was not a wiring issue. For some reason the controller was activated and showing online in my app but was actually having wifi issues. Reset and re-adding using an older iOS device solved the problem.

What I don’t know is what those other two wires in a single jacket are (red and black in a single jacket). It looks like low voltage wiring but no idea what it connects to.

Good job figuring it out! I was wondering about those wires as it looks like old telephone wire, bell wires, thermostat wires, or something. Come to think of it, I think most were solid instead of stranded and needed more conductors. Might end up on the unsolved mystery list. Also, the disconnected wires are stripped which usually seems to mean they were hooked up at some point.

Those wires look like old rain/freeze sensor wires.