Hunter HC Flow Meter

Anyone try a Hunter HC series meter with Rachio?

1 Like

I’m just in the process of setting up Rachio as a replacement to my Hunter Hydrawise controller and I have a wired Hunter HC Flowmeter.

So far I have connected the flowmeter as an equivalent flowmeter from the list of supported flowmeters i.e. as the Hunter HC flowmeter has a 1” connection, I just picked the equivalent 1” CST flowmeter - CST FSI-T10. Rachio recognises it as a flowmeter and records flow. I will try calibrating it today and post back.

As it appears you are restricted to the flowmeters on the list of supported flowmeters within the app, you cannot program Rachio to use the Hunter or any other non supported flowmeter natively. As long as I can calibrate the flowmeter properly, I don’t think it really matters that the controller identifies it as a CST or Toro flowmeter. It would be nice if Rachio allowed you to program a non supported flowmeter, especially as their own flowmeter is no longer available.

1 Like

I contacted Hunter Tech support asking for the K-factor and Offset of the HC-100-FLOW, and they said it was “pulse” not “frequency” type meter. Sounded like nonsense to my Controls Engineering background, but non-the-less useless.

Did you ever get the meter to work with Rachio?

Where you able to get this to work? I am using a Rachio3e and have not being able to get the Hunter Flow meter to work. Tried all the alternative Flow Meter options and couldnt get a read with any of them. I put a multimeter to the wires directly and I could see a pulse every 12 seconds or so, so it seemed to be working as expected. Wondering if Rachio could provide some pointers on this…

I expect it should give you some readings. They will just be scaled incorrectly. Did you try swapping the 2 wires?

I am too trying to use a Hunter Flow meter, but it seams it is not compatible with Rachio. ANY LUCK??? The meter is simple. The circuit of the 2 wires CLOSES every 1 gallon. That is the “pulse”. Put a voltmeter on ohms and the circuit open and then closes just for a moment every time the lever passes the gallon mark. It should be very easy to make the rachio read it. rain sensors do the same thing and rachio reads that. Just imagine a rain sensor turning off and on 20 times in 1 min, that is what the flow meter is doing at 20 GPM.