**Humble Brag**: Rachio 3 chosen as Wirecutter's Best Smart Sprinkler :rachio:

The Rachio 3 chosen as Wirecutter’s Best Smart Sprinkler, and we felt like showing it off our community :wink:

Read the full review here, or get the TLDR; with some of my favorite highlights:

The Rachio 3 Smart Sprinkler Controller is the most flexible and comprehensive device we tested, offering the best compromise between letting you just set it and forget it and offering maximum control when you want or need it.

Instead of just taking its forecast from the nearest weather station, which all the other models do, Weather Intelligence Plus incorporates satellite, radar, and atmospheric flight data; local forecasts; and other climate sources. This proved to be very effective in our testing, with the Rachio 3 accurately predicting that it would not rain in our test garden on a day that every other controller’s software (including that of the Rachio 2) said it would.

The Rachio resulted in us using far less water than we would have with our old system, and we definitely felt a tinge of eco-smugness when we saw our neighbor’s sprinklers going off just before a rainstorm.

(^eco-smugness is my favorite new term)

McKynzee :rachio:

13 Likes

@mckynzee, reminds me of that Mac Davis song -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RCyYuLQ7_Ws

3 Likes

2 Likes

2 Likes

Well done… Mine should be arriving this afternoon

2 Likes

Ummmmm, where’s the nod to the best support community on the interwebs?

8 Likes