Hourly Watering Schedule

I am trying to fine tune a watering schedule for seeding the lawn for winter. I have a schedule all setup and was setting it to water specific zones for a few min every hour or two. I would like it to only run between about 7a-8p. I don’t see any options to really setup something like this. I tried to set it to start at a specific time, 7a, but when you look at the main screen to see when it will run it was set to run through out the night and then into the next day for a bit and then it was off for about 14hrs and then started back up at like 1a, even though I set it to start at 7a. I’m sure I’m not setting up something correctly but I have been through all the functions of the schedule and I can’t see anyway to even come close to getting better control of this. Is there a way to set it to run every hour or every two hours between x-y times only.

Unfortunately we don’t currently support a start/end time for hourly schedules. The product team is aware of this and is planning at some point on adding this behavior.

For now, you can create a fixed schedule that starts at a specific time. Then just use manual cycle/soak to act as your hourly “wait time” in between waterings. Set the soak time for 2 hours and then you can set the cycle time (watering) for whatever you need to end by 8pm. Take the total watering time for the zone (for example 60 minutes) and then just divide by the number of cycles you will have (every 2 hours until 8pm) to determine the zone cycle watering duration.

Hope this helps and just let us know if you have further questions.

:cheers:

Appreciate it. I will look at it and make some modifications here in a bit.

1 Like

I’m having the same issue: I need it to water for 1 minute every hour from 8am-8pm. I tried following the instructions above and it’s only set to go off once.

I tried the divide total time by hours and all that changed was it was set to run once for 12 minutes. Per attached screen shot.

Any update on when we’ll be able to manually control this?

This is exactly what I want to do. Run for 1 minute every hour through the night. I have a rabbit infestation issue in the neighborhood and this keeps them away from my grass. Can anyone tell me a simple (or difficult) way to do this?

I did a similar thing because I ran a line to give water to my chickens. You will have to set up multiple schedules and run them for a minute. No flex or anything other features. But essentially you’ll want 1 schedule at 8pm to run for 1 min. Then another at 9:01 for 1 minute, so on and so forth

Why not use Cycle & Soak for this purpose. Say you want to start a 9 PM and water until 7 AM the next morning, for 1 minute every hour. That’s a total of 11 times 1 minute, 11 minutes total.

So, set up a Fixed schedule, to run every day, start at 9 PM, with a total watering time of 11 minutes. Then do a Manual Cycle & Soak, set the Cycle time to 1 minute, and the Soak time to 59 minutes. That should do what you want.

The only negative, to me, is while this Fixed program is running, no other program can be running. So you may need to end earlier, depending on what time your zones start watering.

1 Like

Thanks. I’ll try that.
I set it up. Let’s see what happens.

Rachio this a joke. Why has this not been added yet its been years! I am a software engineer and this would literally take a few hours to add to your software… you are serious you want people that bought this system to do math and figure out some random feature to make up for not caring about your customers and putting in a start/end time. Please add it or i will just reinstall my rainbird that can do this

Dude mr cto why the Fk hasn’t this been added yet?