Hose Timer - battery life

Hello - is anyone having issues with battery life on the hose timer? I replaced the batteries March 25, 2024 and just noticed that the battery icon was “red” and the bar was pretty much non-existent. I replaced it with a fresh set of batteries and now it is all black showing a “full” icon. Any idea what would cause the battery to run down so quickly? I only have one schedule that operates daily for 5 minutes.

Thanks for your help.

I bought my hose timer right when it was released. I run it every other day, plus random quick runs, and I had to replace the batteries about a month ago. I assume that it is still tweaking its connection and has had a couple firmware updates, so I’m not concerned.

1 Like

Also, I think the battery “bar” isn’t really a scale of battery life based on how the API shows battery state. I think it’s either good or low, no middle ground.

1 Like

Yeah - I did too. Ran it regularly and the first time I replaced batteries was in March 2024. That is the reason I was concerned about the short life span this time around.

Oh wow! So I guess there is no way to know unless it dies I guess!

this season, I am going through a set of batteries every week, the timer is used only three days a week. the other timer is functioning normally, i.e., lasting a season or more. What’s going on? Thanks

Same here. Have two timers and both have low battery life as told by the Rachio notification occurring within 24 hours of one another. Installed May 4, 2024 and new batteries low as of May 18th. One isn’t used at all (backup system) and the other not scheduled, just manual 10 min. runs once a day while setting up garden. Temps in 80’s since install and timers located in shade behind large bush. Makes no sense.

1 Like

It’s been about 20 days since I changed the batteries and I haven’t received a notification. Battery icon still shows “full”, so hopefully they will last a while. It’s getting hot where I live too (north Texas) but the timer is on the east facing side of the house, so is not exposed to direct sun during the hottest part of the day.

I just installed 2 timers late May / early June and I’m getting regular notifications about them being low on battery despite a full bar showing in the app for both. I’ve been ignoring them, figuring it’s probably a connection issue or heat issue (mine are in direct sunlight since I have no other option) more than a battery one but I guess I’ll find out if they completely give up.

Interesting, what type of notifications are you receiving? I can have the engineering team review.

Thanks!

:cheers:

Rachio pop-up notifications stating the hose timer’s batteries are low and I need to replace them immediately. I began getting notifications before the latest firmware update and was hoping that might fix it, but alas, it has not. Thanks for looking into it. :slight_smile:

Thank you, I will have the team look into this.

@Renira We have identified some edge cases where this can happen and will be performing a release in our cloud to prevent this.

Thank you for reporting!

:cheers:

1 Like

Awesome! I’m glad you were able to track down the issue. Thank you!

1 Like