Home Assistant / API problem

Hmmm …

I successfully retrieved API an API key but I’m getting an error from the API in HA:

Logger: homeassistant.components.rachio
Source: components/rachio/init.py:122
Integration: Rachio (documentation, issues)
First occurred: November 21, 2020, 12:00:30 AM (1 occurrences)
Last logged: November 21, 2020, 12:00:30 AM

No Rachio devices found in account jacob@br#####.org

Probably better to post this on the HA board as this sounds like a HA issue.

But one thing I can think of off the top of my head would be does the account you’re adding have full ownership of a controller, ie not shared access?

This is just the response that HA is getting from Rachio - so I don’t think it’s an HA matter - hence my post here. HA connected to Rachio just fine and then Rachio said “nobody home.”

I’m new to Rachio - and (as I posted above) my installer shared this Rachio controller with me - so I suspect that it is indeed shared.

Is API access restricted in some way?

How can I assume admin ownership of this device and (if necessary) share back with them rather than have myself as the daughter account?

https://support.rachio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007411554-Transfer-ownership-of-a-Rachio-controller-to-your-account

Thx … happy to do this … will this resolve our issue?

I believe so. If not, you will at least have a ‘standard’ setup and Rachio support should be able to help.

Yes it should. The Rachio API doesn’t allow control from shared access accounts, so taking ownership of the controller should solve the problem.