Green and Amber status ligh

My Rachio 3 reset and has a slow blinking white light. When following WiFi reset steps, when i press and hold the wifi button the light goes Green and Amber and will never search for wifi. anyone see this before?

@Pcraig - the device is installing firmware →

Green light with blinking tip

Installing Firmware - When the controller is installing firmware, there will be a green progress light with a yellow blinking tip.

Status indicator (no action required)

From →

https://support.rachio.com/en_us/light-codes-(rachio-3)-B1t8wUkKv

This has been like this for days? I️ cann Never get the unit to get to WiFi search mode

But it has been like that for several days

Craig

@Pcraig - then I would contact Rachio support (phone call or chat) as the firmware update process may be stuck. I don’t know what the correct steps are in this situation and I don’t want to brick the device.

@dane - what are the correct next steps when the firmware update is stuck?

Hi @Pcraig

I’m sorry to hear that you’re having this issue. Reaching out to Support will be the best option here. We can determine if something in the router settings is blocking the firmware update or there is another issue that needs to be addressed.

You can run a RouteThis scan before reaching out to the Support Team by following this article

You can call our team at 844-472-2446. Or email support@rachio.com. We also have chat available on our Help Center if you prefer Rachio Support in the bottom right corner of the page.

1 Like