GPM Override

I’m new to the Rachio community. I’ve only had my controller for a month or so and have only used it 4 days for less than 30 minutes each day. There’s no way on earth that I’ve used nearly 1000 gallons of water like the dashboard claims. I’ve calculated a Gallons Per Minute (GPM) rate for each zone but there doesn’t seem to be a way for me to manually enter that in. I’ve looked through the support community and I see Rachio employees claiming this feature is in on the todo list for both 2015 and 2016 after version 2 comes out. Now it’s 2017 (I bought version 2) and this feature still doesn’t seem to be available.

Also, if I want to clear out this ridiculously fake gallons used figure, I have to have someone from Rachio do it for me? What is going on here? Where are your software developers? Don’t you have a staff? This should have been deployed to the dashboard two years ago!

Hey @EagleScout-

There is a great article here detailing how we estimate usage, and how to use that GPM you calculated to work back into your zone settings and tune in your usage values. If you have any questions on that, please let me know. I agree that adding the GPM per zone would be a useful feature, however it is not a full fix to our problem, because ultimately, we need to know how that amount of water is being distributed over what area. There is a good thread here detailing the pros and cons of different ways of approaching the zone inputs.

If you would like, I can clear out the estimated gallons used for you whenever. Just give me the green light and I will reset that for you!

McKynzee :rachio: