Google Home Commands

What are the Google Home commands I can use with my new Rachio 8 zone Gen 2 controller? Yesterday I got it to water my front dlower beds, but today it’s not responsive. Thoughts?

Hey @Maverick9465!

Currently, you can use:

“Ok Google, water the lawn.”

"Ok Google, start watering [zone name].’

“Ok Google, stop watering.”

You can also customize the integration with Routines

1 Like

Thanks! Is there a way to add time for it? I tried to do a quick water of my flower beds, but it defaults to 3 minutes only.

@Maverick9465 I don’t believe so at this time, but that’s not to say it won’t exist in the future! I’ll double check once I’m out of this meeting, though :wink:

2 Likes

No luck on adding a time to the command @Maverick9465 :frowning:

Is there a way to initiate a schedule (versus a zone) that is set up? I have 3 different schedules at the moment.

If you go to the calendar tab and tap on a schedule, there’s a Quick Run button at the top of the schedule settings.

:cheers:

Let me clarify. Is there a way through google home assistant to initiate a schedule run…? I can initiate a zone but have not successfully initiated a schedule.

Unfortunately most of the commands were removed when Google Home was launched. I believe currently it only supports watering a zone.

:cheers:

Thank you sir. I hope your organization restores them. The integration has a huge potential.

-Lock

The command: “Hey Google, water zone 6” does not work.

I have a Google Home speaker and a Rachio D4AB79.
Works partially: When I say, “Hey Google, Start Rachio,” Rachio will start watering an arbitrary zone.
Works: When I say, “Hey Google, stop Rachio” watering will stop as it should.
Does not work: When I say “Hey Google, Start Rachio Zone 6,” google replies: “Rachio is not available.”
Does not work: “Hey Google, water zone 6,” google says: “Sorry, I don’t know how to help with that, yet.”

Any suggestions?

1 Like

Can someone please respond to this this is an accurate description of what I’m experiencing. I bought Rachio because it was advertised to work with Google Assistant and now it doesn’t work. If no answer is available can you please recommend a product that does work with Google Assistant/Home??

Rachio support helped me. My issue was caused by the fact that I had a “-” in the name of my zone which is a problem.

I removed all characters that were not letters or numbers.

Now the command: “Hey, Google, water Zone 6” works properly for me.
“Hey Google, stop watering” also works.

Good luck.

I think what you looking for is related to the smart display responses. I haven’t found a anything to allow you to add visualizations to smart displays through buttons. Or the Google home app.

https://developers.google.com/assistant/surfaces/displays

https://developers.google.com/assistant/conversational/responses#suggestion_chip