Generation 2 and Verizon 5g

Does anyone know of a work around. I have a gen 2 that’s has worked for a long time and am trying to update wifi and it’s Verizon 5g. I know it says it may not work but I saw someone connect from
2.4 to 5g. Is this possible?

Are you talking about Verizon 5G internet service? That has nothing to do with 2.4ghz and 5ghz wifi bands. The Verizon 5G modem still spits out both 2.4 and 5ghz bands, so it should work. The issue some run into is the common single SSID used in many routers now, but I personally have not run into an issue with that in numerous deployments.

1 Like

Yes, thanks- this AM i talked with Verizon home internet agent and we adjusted something so it could discover the 2.4 and I was able to get it to work. When you google can 2nd gen rachio work with 5 g it says no essentially at least thats how I took it at first glance- thanks a heap!

Again, cellular 5G service from Verizon is not the same as 5ghz wifi. Verizon’s modem/router for their cellular 5G service can push both frequencies of wifi, 2.4ghz and 5ghz, so yes it should work. But, like you said, a G2 Rachio will not support the 5ghz wifi band, only 2.4ghz.

2 Likes

got it thanks!