Gen2 won't connect to cloud during setup

No. It was working perfect, starting in April, but we lost power on May 21st, and it never came back online. just got back intown.yes, lights 1 and 2 wer solid and 3 blinking

Light 3 blinking can be due to many factors, most of them due to your network settings. Has there been any change at all to your network infrastructure?

Anything that could potentially have changed your network (the wifi password, getting a new router or router firmware update, change in ISP, etc.) could be the reason your device fell down to the 3rd light. Have you attempted to perform a wifi update on the device yet? If not try and give that a go. Instructions on how to do so can be found here.

Hey @Mdobbs-

If you are unable to resolve this issue with a wifi reset, I recommend scheduling a call with one of our wifi experts. They will be able to get you online much more quickly. If you would like to expedite the process even more, you can run a diagnostic and provide the code you receive in your request for a call- instructions on how to do that can be found here!

McKynzee :rachio:

I spent a solid 3 days on this same issue, but I was finally able to get it working.

I was stuck on the 3rd blinking light, stuck on the connecting to cloud step. After trying a bunch of stuff, I logged into my Verizon FIOS g1100 router. Under the firewall settings, it was set on Maximum security. Reject Filters on Inbound and Outbound traffic. I turned off all filters momentarily just to test and sure enough the Rachio connected. I turned security back to maximum and lost connection. There were ports Rachio needed that were being blocked by my router.

So I went to my access control list and open these ports for outbound.

Port 53 TCP
Port 123 TCP
Port 8883 TCP

That did the trick. Hope that helps anyone having the same issue.

1 Like

i’ve been working with support via email and they are asking me to put my rachio controller on the DMZ. Really? This is why we have so many compromised systems on the internet these days… I can’t believe any support personnel would ask a user to do something like this. I will try your access control list fix when I get home but I vaguely recall my firewall settings are set to minimum which should allow all inbound and all outbound.