Gen 2 - stopped working

My system stopped working recently. I can hear the valves sometimes but no water. I checked the master shutoff and it’s open. Opened a ticket two weeks ago but can’t wait anymore, my yard is dying. Picture attached of controller. Oddly I could get one zone to turn on one time today and then I couldn’t get it to turn on again

Hello-
Our gen2 also stopped recently as well. (Brown grass even though the app says it’s been running on schedule)

Did you get a resolution? I tried to reset wifi but now I’m stuck in an endless loop. Maybe a firmware issue?

@Cponder and @mkbjdb

Can a zone be manually activated at the valve using the solenoid/bleed screw. Let’s make sure water is getting to the valves?

Any digging recently? A cut common wire can prevent the entire system from running. If one has access to an ohm meter, disconnect a zone line and the common line and test the resistivity between the two lines - should be in the 25 - 30 ohm range. Infinite resistivity means a cut wire.

Could the zones have been marked disabled in the app?

Can the zones be activated using the buttons on the controller?

1 Like

Gen 2 - stopped working

TroubleshootingTech Support

Gen 2 - stopped working

TroubleshootingTech Support

/

Cponder

5d

My system stopped working recently. I can hear the valves sometimes but no water. I checked the master shutoff and it’s open. Opened a ticket two weeks ago but can’t wait anymore, my yard is dying. Picture attached of controller. Oddly I could get one zone to turn on one time today and then I couldn’t get it to turn on again

• created

5d

• [

last reply

](Gen 2 - stopped working)

8m

replies

mkbjdb

1h

Hello-
Our gen2 also stopped recently as well. (Brown grass even though the app says it’s been running on schedule)

Did you get a resolution? I tried to reset wifi but now I’m stuck in an endless loop. Maybe a firmware issue?

Solution

DLaneRachio Power User

8m

@Cponder and @mkbjdb

Can a zone be manually activated at the valve using the solenoid/bleed screw. Let’s make sure water is getting to the valves? Not sure how to do this…But I can make it run once and wait a few hours. I am only getting between 0.05 and 0.15 volts on each zone between common and each zone in the Rachio without the wire connected.

Any digging recently? A cut common wire can prevent the entire system from running. If one has access to an ohm meter, disconnect a zone line and the common line and test the resistivity between the two lines - should be in the 25 - 30 ohm range. Infinite resistivity means a cut wire.

I’ll check that and come back to you

Could the zones have been marked disabled in the app?

No its active. I can turn it on once every few hours. It’s like it has to build up voltage to turn on

Can the zones be activated using the buttons on the controller?

I’ve never done that. How?

All of my zones can be manual activated by turning the individual solenoids.

Was able to reconnect to controller using an apple product (unable with Android)

Will check resistance but no digging in our yard and all connection were checked at the valves when testing if they turned on…

Not happy about this, just want it to work.