Gen 2 frequently falls offline after firmware update

The new firmware update is working great so far. The last power cycle event in my controller history is from Thurs morning. I am guessing what was caused by the firmware update.

Since the update, I have not seen any offline state reported by the Rachio app on my phone. The controller has been at full-bars throughout the weekend. I think the issue has been resolved with the new update.

2 Likes

@yukitz75 That’s great news, the team is continuing to review but feels like we have resolved the core issue.

:cheers:

1 Like

All Gen 2 controllers have been updated with new firmware. :smile:

:cheers:

3 Likes

My controller has been fine for several days as well. Seems to be fixed!

2 Likes

Several days since I got the -115 update, and all appears back to normal. Thanks, Rachio. This situation was handled promptly, and the level of communication and transparency from @Franz was excellent. Nice recovery.

4 Likes

Yep, me too…all of it. Had perfect stability for years, then suddenly these crashes that required a power cycle to fix. I had to do one just hours before franz posted about the firmware update. Since then, it’s been stable…I’ll come back and reply again if that changes.

4 Likes

…and it looks like after receiving the -115 update I’m also back to the stability I’ve been used to. Ditto the thanks to @Franz and the development team for getting that done.

3 Likes