Flow sensor leverage

I have a flow sensor installed. Only way I can see flow information is look at each zone. There is a flow value. Unclear if that is calibration value (last time calibrated) or last time the zone ran?

It would be nice to see:

• a list of all zones with the calibrated and last run values
  • actual value while zone is running

Ability to poll the flow sensor even if no zone or schedule is running. Would really help with leak detection.

Also would be nice to be able to have periodic notifications of flow issues, either low or high, Currently it only alerts after a scheduled or zone run. But if something leaks between schedules no way to know. This could be once an hour or certain times.

1 Like

I’m not sure of the value of knowing actual zone run rates. If you aren’t getting an alarm, then its within your set limits, why do you care?

As for alarming when zones are off. I’ve been waiting on that for 2 years now. Its a very serious risk.

Hi @neilr

Everydrop Technologies, who sells one of the flow meters that are compatible with the Rachio flow meter, has a device that you can hook up between the flow meter and the Rachio controller and will read out a live flow rate for you while your zones are running. The device can also make an audible noise between scheduled runs in case there is unexpected flow.