Flow Meter Installation Question, 6 inches minimum or required. More length?

I just got my flow meter and I am preparing for the installation. I know the installation says to install 6 inches after the backflow. My question is the 6 inches a minimum or the required. My installation would be easier if i could say install it at 7 inches but wanted to get the communities input on if the 6 inches was the exact spot for it to be installed.

@likeabigpizzapie 6 inches is the minimum. Feel free to install at the 7" mark.

Let us know how the install goes and please feel free to ask any questions you might have.

Pictures please!

:cheers:

I hope the photos include a big pizza pie! :pizza:

Here are the pictures as requested. I installed it today. Had an issue with one of the pipes i had got from the store and replaced it with a different pipe and it looks and works great without any leaks.

I didn’t have a ton of room but installed 4 in PVC around the flow meter to keep dirt and mulch off it. Everything seems to be working great since install about a month ago.

Looks like a nice clean install. If you have room, I may want to get some retaining wall blocks or pavers and build a small sunken down area with gravel / pea shingle in the bottom to allow the signal and better access to flow meter, just a thought. :smile: