Flow meter install - 2 requests

Got the flow meter and ready to install it! I am a pretty good DIYer but haven’t played around with copper piping before.

1. I measured the circumference of my pipe after the backflow and it is a notch over 3.5 inches. In an effort to determine if I have 3/4" copper or 1" copper, I got a 3 inch length of both sized copper pipe from home depot (shrink wrapped with label saying the size). The 3/4" from home depot is 3.5 inches in circumference and my supply pipe is the same. Yet, site this https://www.cleanwaterstore.com/blog/how-can-i-tell-what-size-copper-pipe-i-have/ is telling me that the circumference of a 1" pipe is 3.5 inches. I am confused as to if I have 3/4" or 1" supply line. Any other creative ways to be 100% sure? There are no visible markings to tell.

2. The instructions on the rachio site with video are pretty clear on 1" and I do that in 15 minutes. The written instructions of 3/4" are a bit confusing. Is it possible to get a video of just the pipes part for 3/4 copper installation :slight_smile: ?

Regards,

Ok… never mind, it was 1". The pipe I got from home depot for measurement was steel galvanized so the comparison wasn’t right.

All good and all installed!

4 Likes

Looking great!

:cheers:

1 Like