Flow Measured By Water Company

My water company came out and did an evaluation to qualify me for my rebate. I got from them the flow in gallons per minute per zone so how do I convert that data into information on my zones to make my rachio smarter?

@JPHauckSFO Here is more information on setting the precipitation rate on your zones.

:cheers:

1 Like

How did your water utility calculate your gallons per minute per zone. Did they actually use your water meter or were they doing an estimate? Once I know this I can give you some good suggestions. There are many factors to consider: quality of your system distribution uniformity; condition of your sprinklers; obvious problems; type of head; water pressure; nozzle installed because each nozzle at a specific pressure has a different flow. It’s important to fix any problems first. I like to use the default settings in the Rachio setup unless you are advanced in irrigation.

My entire system was replaced last year with a fresh landscaping. The water company had me turn on each zone and measured the flow accord to the meter for the house. So I have the gallons per minute and other than one drip area where I have soaked tubes too I have the same types of heads. So on a mixed system at least I know that so many gallons per minute are pushed out the heads.

Thanks Franz. I followed the set up when configured. But now I know exactly how much water flows I want to get smarter. I also have been seeing the soil moisture in zone one is always at 0% but the soil is moist. Seems like there is something about that which is not right.