Flexible Daily Schedule and loss of WiFi - Backup Watering

I’ve been using a Rachio Gen 1 for 3-4 months. I set it up with one schedule: a flexible daily schedule. Recently we went out of town for about a week in the heat of summer. For some reason, my Rachio keeps dropping in and out from WiFi. This resulted in about 3 days straight where I received notification that it was scheduled to run, but didn’t because of lost WiFi before I noticed and forced it to run once. I’m still troubleshooting the connectivity issues. But, I have another trip coming up and don’t want another repeat of no water for multiple hot summer days.

Can I set up a 2nd schedule that will only run if WiFi is lost so my yard doesn’t go several days without water? Other suggestions to help ensure the yard is getting water, even if Rachio isn’t connected to WiFi at the appointed time it should run the Flexible Daily Schedule?

Hey @mdw18660!

You are actually in luck- Rachio already has a backup schedule ready to run if you use a flex schedule and your device falls offline. We will default to every 3 days and run on the predetermined start time that you set for this schedule. If you had specific days based on restrictions, we will continue to run on those allowed days as well as at the predetermined start time. I hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions!

McKynzee :rachio: