Fixed Scheduling - Need Customization Help

I need to setup a schedule that waters 3 times a day (1am, 5am & 8pm) every other day. Seems like this should be easy to setup, but I don’t see the options… I wish you could specify multiple start/stop times per day, then pick your day frequency separately. Are they trying to make you use their cycle/soak to accomplish this? Get’s confusing when all I pick is a start time OR end by time without any frequency throughout the day.

Easiest way to do this is to set up 3 fixed schedules, one for each time you want to water.

Linn’s right. What you’re wanting to program is a /manual/ decision of how to water, and not one that a Smart system would normally come up with. Except for seedlings during the day, there is little if any reason to water multiple times per day, especially at night, unless the purpose is to allow soaking time, which Rachio schedules can do automatically. There may be specific conditions or instances that would require or desire the times you specify, but it may be that Starting or Ending at 5am would work as well or better for you.

Awesome - got this from Rachio support too! Guess I needed to think outside of the box on this one. Thank you!

To achieve this, please set three Fixed schedules with daily interval (every 2 days), select to start at a specific time (1 am, 5 am and 8 pm) and the watering duration to 15 minutes each zone.To achieve this, please set three Fixed schedules with daily interval (every 2 days), select to start at a specific time (1 am, 5 am and 8 pm) and the watering duration to 15 minutes each zone.

Yes, this is goofy. I’ve just moved from OpenSprinkler to Rachio, and this capability has been in OS since 2015. Can’t even believe it isn’t there…