For anyone who has had troubled with persistent low and high flow messages when sprinklers run…
After I got my wireless flow sensor, I spent months (and over $800!) troubleshooting and revising my sprinkler system to try to stop low and high flow messages from various zones. I had many conversations with technical support. They replaced the flow meter once. Nothing helped. After so many months, the company graciously paid me back for all my expenses.
Now, serendipitously, I seem to have solved the problem. To make a long story short, I changed all my pop-up sprinkler nozzles to Hunter MP Rotary nozzles. These use much lower flow (0.8 gpm per nozzle) as compared to the fixed spray heads I had before. I then re-calibrated all those zones. The difference was impressive. First, my flow per zone was obviously much lower. Second, there was a big difference in how quickly and consistently the flow became stable during calibration. With the fixed spray heads, regardless how long I set the stabilization times, flows would bounce around from 8 gpm to 20 gpm, and any flow in between, randomly, and never stayed stable. In contrast, with the rotary nozzles, flow became unchanging after 30 - 45 seconds. Since then, I have not had a single low or high flow message. I did have the expense of the new nozzles, but finally I have a system that does what I wanted.
So, if you are having trouble with persistent low and high flow messages, consider changing to rotary nozzles. Not only might your flow meter work correctly, but they waste significantly less water.