It seems like a wonderful idea, but I simply could not get Flex Daily to work well for me no matter what I put in for the various parameters.
After having plants die, the tops of small trees start to turn brown, and my wife becoming very annoyed her gardens were being destroyed, I went back to an every-other-day fixed schedule.
I know some people have had success with it, but I couldn’t let any more stuff die in an effort to get it right.
I’m not even certain it can be gotten right. I suspect the problem is the amount of rain the Rachio 3 thinks we’ve gotten hasn’t reflected the amount we actually have. Without installing a local rain gauge with which the R3 can commune, that’s not fixable by any amount of parameter changes, and there’s no weather station suitable for our siting options.
Unrelated side note: Had storms come through the other day. The power did some very wonky things. The R3 was eventually reported as “offline.” I went out to the garage, unplugged it, counted to twenty or so, plugged it back in, and it was back. There have been two or three other power failures since we got the R3. This is the first time it hasn’t come back. But, as I said, they were really wonky interruptions this last time. Wasn’t failed-and-came back, but multiple bounces and sags.