I have been working on a spreadsheet of every wifi residential controller on the market, and must say it’s been amazing to see how many products are out there. Here are some features I’ve found that might be good for Rachio:
- Snooze, pause feature
- Dormancy feature
- New landscape establishment
- On board wifi at remote locations
- Auxiliary relay to operate appliances, open gates, turn on Christmas lights, ponds, etc.
- Expansion modules
- Motion detector, camera monitor
- Add on to host controller with no limits on zones
- Faceplate buttons, knobs and detail
- More robust transformers and terminal wiring like Rain Bird, Toro and Hunter, although their other features suck)
What does everyone think. Are any of these on your wish list. Rachio is still the best. Customer service is exceptional.