Europe - 220 V to 110V AC Converter - Output wattage

Finally managed to get my Gen 2 controllers. I will be using these in Europe. Have sourced a 220V to 110V AC converter. Have two models 40W and 70W output. Have looked at tech spec for the Gen 2 but can find any spec that says what the convertor should deliver. Any advice greatly appreciated. Would really help if Rachio were to make a universal power supply.

1 Like

@Fossevet - Rachio power supply puts out 24 VAC and 1000 milliamps, so 24 W.

2 Likes

So the 40W output converter is more than enough.I may have read something wrong but does the Rachio power supply output 24V DC or AC. I could also simply buy a universal EU 24V power supply. These have a selection of tips. The DC supplies allow choice of +ve/-ve centre lead switching. I am heading for the 220 to 110 converter but am not sure how smooth/stable the output is. Also these small converters can get quite warm and may be noisy.

Apologies it is 24 VAC. Did not read well enough.

1 Like

Better is use just 24V AC 1000mA power adapter without any converters. I’m using that adapter (in Poland it cost ~14 EUR) - https://allegro.pl/oferta/zasilacz-pradu-zmiennego-ac-24v-1000ma-1a-7684231696

2 Likes

Many thanks for this. Great link! I also found the power supply at Amazon Germany. A little bit easier with post to France and Norway.

2 Likes

Thank you for sharing the link on AC AC24V. It was hard to find it in Germany. And one more thing, using a power adapter without any converters can be a good solution too. Too bad that sometimes there can appear different kinds of error which aren’t easy to solve. That’s why I had to replace one of my Gen controllers to get a new PLC instead of it. Well, it wasn’t quite a new one because I also had to buy additional parts of it. But after I repaired this controller, it started to work perfectly.

I’m using this one

https://www.amazon.es/NIMO-ALM096-Alimentador-220Vca-1000mA/dp/B00AWU8NUM/ref=sr_1_1?__mk_es_ES=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&dchild=1&keywords=Nimo+24vac+1a&qid=1615315120&sr=8-1

Doesn’t Rachio sell a Power adapter that works with 220V supply?
I find it odd that one has to jump through these hoops.

Rachio’s are designed for USA/Canada market only, hence no 220V power adaptors are offered. And some software features such as Seasonal Shift don’t work outside USA/Canada either.

However they do sell their units via Amazon.com so can be shipped to most countries for those that are prepared to overcome some of the regional differences. championc did this and kindly documented how he did it so most things are possible if you try hard enough. I do agree however that Rachio could be more helpful to their potential and existing international clients!