Edit zones - Does it change Flex Daily schedule settings?

I changed a zone from slight slope to moderate slope. That zone does slope more than others and some of the grass appears to be possibly dying. Do I have to create a new schedule (using Flex Daily) or will it know there was a change and adjust? I just looked and the watering time didn’t change. Schedule was already on Smart Cycle if that matters.

They should update pretty quickly, but I couldn’t say for sure that the slope change would have a noticeable effect in the time or frequency. Usually that change would trigger the need for cycle soak.

I have areas within that zone that are whitish (dead maybe) and I have confirmed the sprinklers do in fact water those areas. So I was thinking that maybe the water needed to soak in a little (cycle soak) to get the full benefit of watering. How much slope or which choice triggers the cycle soak?

It is a bit of a combination of slope and precipitation rate (inches per hour).

Are you certain that the sprinklers are adequately hitting that specific are, and there isn’t an issue with a sprinkler or two in that area?

Verified sprinkler coverage again yesterday.

Aside from sprinklers, has anyone fertilized or treated your lawn in the past several weeks? Is your lawn new (say in the last year or so)? Is there ANY possibility these local dead spots are not from lack of water? In southern climes, “whitish” grass can easily be fungal. In hot climes in new lawns, seemingly irreparable dead spots can easily be concrete.

The areas have been whitish for several months. How do I know whether it is fungal? Or perhaps some other pest?

Sod has been down for over 2 years. Grass type is St Augustine - not sure which strain. In central Florida but it isn’t hot yet.

DIg some up and find someone who knows. Or, search online about treating St. Augustine for various insects and diseases (it’s susceptible to several fungal infections, easily treated). If it’s something else, any agriculture extension service (every state has 'em), can help you use some of the tax dollars you’re giving them.

1 Like