Drought watering conditions are super complicated

I just got notified that I can no longer water on Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and then otherwise I have to continue to water on even or odd days (depending on my house number), but I can’t water on the 31st.

How do I create a schedule in Rachio (I have a V2 box) that will do that?

I can’t just select every day but Tuesdays and Wednesdays, and I can’t just select even/odd. Luckily I’m an even house number so I don’t have to worry about the 31st, but if I lived on the other side of the street, that would be a problem too.

Can we get the computer to figure out all this? Or am I going to have to choose even and then just make sure I remember to cancel Tuesdays and Wednesdays?

Thanks!

1 Like

I’ve got the same problem - but I’m on the odd schedule and I have a Rachio 3. I also have the 31st problem - I have to delete the schedule every time a month has 31 days.
Any help with this would be appreciated.
Glen

Why not? Not sure what schedule you currently run, but with watering restrictions, Flex Daily isn’t really recommended, but regardless, you can select to either water on specific days, or on even/odd days. Most likely you will need to delete and recreate a schedule in order to change the allowable days.

Because it needs to be both, and both isn’t an option that I can see.

I need to water on even days, but NOT on Tuesday AND Wednesday (and one of those will be an even).

I can’t just choose Thursday and Friday and Saturday and Sunday and Monday, because half of those will be odd, and which is even changes every week (this week Monday is odd, but next week Monday is even).

If I have to delete and recreate the schedule every week, what is the purpose of having a computer control it? It would be easier to just manually run it, and that’s not what I got a Rachio for.

The even/odd plan needs to have day of the week overrides for these new drought restrictions.

Wow, I’ve never seen restrictions like that! Unless you are manually watering, I don’t know of any smart or dumb controller that can accomplish that because they are always selected days or intervals. This would require you to manually go month by month and select the appropriate days to water.

1 Like

I decided to try IFTTT to see if I could link something with my Google calendar so I could at least make calendar events for the right days, but IFTTT isn’t connecting to app.rachio.io, so I’ll start another topic to address that. I’m hoping that will work and I can just spend some time putting in calendar events on the allowed days and go from there.

It used to, but since IFTTT started a subscription, I haven’t messed with it.

I currently have every other day selected under a Fixed Schedule. As I noted above, I can only water on odd days and not on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Is there any way to pre-select upcoming days and mark them as a “Skip Day” instead of only the day before watering? (I know I am going to screw that up…) It would be a big help.
Thoughts?

I’m sorry to hear you are having these complicated drought restrictions. I think IFTTT would be the best solution at this point. We are aware that these complex drought restrictions are being introduced.

Edited: IFTTT response another post

I just saw your new thread. and I responded: IFTTT Google calendar and rachio? - #3 by dane

I see the IFTTT you posted, lovely. I have absolutely no idea how to accomplish it, but sure looks good…

It’s relatively easy. I will post a video in this thread early next week.

I would very much appreciate it.
Thanks!