Drip Settings

I have a station for trees. If my trees have two emitters each, with each emitter being 2 GPH, what setting do I use?

The Town of Gilbert, Arizona (I live in nearby Mesa, AZ) has a Rachio Settings document that says a 2 GPH emitter = .4 nozzle inches. So if my trees have two 2 GPH emitters, does that equal .8 nozzle inches(.4 x 2)?

how much water do your trees need per watering?

What schedule are you using? Flex Daily?

For drip you need to know how much water Rachio wants to put down based on your current settings. If you go to the moisture graph, and select more info, you can see how many inches of water Rachio wants to put down.

Here is the drip calculator that @azdavidr built that will calculate the inches per hour that you need to put into Rachio to achieve the correct figure. I’ve used my total inches watered in this figure (might be similar to your needs since you are one city over), along with the total GPH you have (2x2gph). The number of gallons applied figure comes from the chart, which was pulled from the “Water Use It Wisely” website, based on (average) tree canopy size, which I plugged a 6’ canopy. For this particular example, you would plug .49" into Rachio.

1 Like