Don't water when I shower

I suggest setting up a "no water time " so that when I shower the sprinkler system will not go off. Sometimes due to delays, timers or extended run times the sprinklers might go off when I am trying to shower. A no water time such as 5:30 to 6:30 AM so that I will not lose pressure when showering would be great and unique. You could also expand it to include the time the city says I cannot water say from 10AM to 6PM, that way even if I set a schedule to water and the number of zones and minutes will cause it to run at a no go time.

How about changing your irrigation start time to 3:00 am?

I could but with 10 zones a seasonal adjustment could still hit my time and I want to water as close to when it will be hot as I can

Take a shower before you go to bed. :sunglasses:

I’ve thought about this too. Currently I start after showers at 7a. But on days where lots is being watered it can finish around 11:30. I’d like to start earlier, and pause for shower time, which varies from day to day. The solution will likely involve SmartThings, a motion sensor in the bathroom, and an IFTTT recipe

A quick comment. As I understand it, the goal of watering close to when it is hot out is not very efficient. This approach will result in increased water use due to evaporation. I have always watered just before sunrise to maximize the amount of moisture while minimizing the amount of evaporation. Does this still make sense?

I’ve got competing goals: 1) water while dark, 2) water after my wife and I are awake (rotors move a lot of water, and its loud). 3) avoid shower time. I can get the drip lines done starting at 4am, but if I stack the rotors after them, I’ll either wake myself, or ruin my shower. So they start at 7. Now, if I had an IFTTT channel that said “hold irrigation for motion in master bath…” I could start earlier and end earlier. Ain’t finishing before sunrise, but I might get closer.

Check any water agency or turf grass extension website and the will say not to water after 10:00am. Schedule irrigation at 3am and you will be good.

I need this feature so my wife stops bitching about the watering system! I never hear the end of it when she is trying to take a shower and they are running. Per the other thread, a simple pause button is needed.

Alternatively, black out periods would be good as well, but there are always exceptions to the schedule that need to be handled.

Stuart

This should be a very easy feature for them to add and It is much more useful than all these different schedules they are coming up with…Instead of just a start time please add a feature where users can specify multiple time periods watering can take place. Ie. 0300-0630 and 0730-1000.

@komondor and @Stuman

Here is a solution for you guys. You can create 2 watering schedules, and split your zones between the two schedules.

Have the first one start at 4:00am and choose the zones that will allow it to complete before 5:30 or 6:00am (when you want to shower). Then have the remaining zones in the second schedule with a start time around 7:00am (after you are done showering).

Let me know if this helps you out.