Does the Rachio controller support API commands

I’d like to know if the Rachio controller supports API calls to turn on a zone for a quick run? Thanks

On the Home screen of your phone app there is a Quick Run button. Also, if you want to quick run a zone each zone has the same button.

Thanks, I’m wanting to have a motion detector send a command to my Rachio controller so it starts a quick run to scare away raccoons.

1 Like

That would be cool. You should submit your idea to Rachio. I don’t think the engineering is all that complicated.

1 Like

The Rachio controller does support API commands. You can obtain an API key by performing a Web login from https://app.rach.io, then under Account Settings, click Get API Key. I am using Home Assistant, which connects to my controller using this key. I have a dashboard set up which controls many devices around my house, and have switches to start each of my zones. I can quickly start a zone to scatter deer when I see them getting into my garden areas. A problem with using this interface is that it causes an “Integration Event”, which initiates a stop schedule command to the controller. This can be an issue if it interrupts your normal watering schedule at random times. You would need to add logic to your setup to be aware of any schedules in progress before activating a zone via a motion detector.

1 Like