Does gen3 use wunderground.com PWS?

@Jaycamp

Can you PM me with more details?

:cheers:

Hi. Ive had my PWS on line anout a week now. A nearby WU account shows in Rachio, but mine doesn’t. I have no clue how this will work, but I would like to be part of that network.

@Ddubya

Can you PM me with more information?

Same problem…
With rachio 2 everything works great, I can select my own Netatmo Station on pwsweather.com.
With Rachio 3 I must use WU network so I’ve port my own station on WU (3 days ago) but I can’t find my Weather station in Rachio weather network…

franz… when I got the Rachio 3 (I was one of the very, very first in mid April month) it successfully ported my weather station ID (KILPLAIN41) to whatever the current iOS version was back then. Recently though I noticed that although my weather station was listed as the current in use station, it did NOT appear in the list to choose from. I stupidly as I mentioned previously started picking other stations as well as Weather Intelligence Plus but then couldn’t bring my station back because it wasn’t on the list. You helped me out and had your support folks manually put my account back on my station and it remains that way today, however it also still isn’t in the list. I’m sure if I selected another station there would be no way to get it back.

It’s a WU defect, they are working on a fix, hopefully resolved this week. I’ll let you know when they have fixed it.

2 Likes

Maybe it’ll come out once the last of the Kennedy files are released. :joy:

Any news about WU fix?
My station still no show on Rachio 3…
Regards

@Brulz

WU is telling us the fix will be in by end of week. I’ll post when they have released it.

1 Like

Would it be possible to manually input the station ID (instead of having to choose from the map)?
This would potentially be a good workaround in cases WU api ever goes on the fritz again.

rachio support can do it on their end right now, having a nice power user option to do the same in app would be great but i don’t know if adding complexity is something rachio wants to do…

1 Like

It would, but we would die the death of a thousand cuts if we had to continue adding small workarounds like this. I’ve also heard overriding precip, overriding ET, etc. I’d rather have the underlying systems working than having to allow these types of overrides. I can just see people fat fingering this data and then other things go awry :wink:

3 Likes

I would like to know if you are going to back port this into gen 2 devices?

1 Like

I just upgraded to Gen 3 controller and my longtime PWS is also not showing in the map or list when trying to select a specific PWS. Is WU still working on this issue? Thanks!

Me too. I have a customer with a Rachio2, and he wants to use his PWS he has attached to Wunderground. So far, not possible. This would be a great feature I would sign up for myself… I just installed a 2, but I would take it back and get 3 if this is not going to happen on the 2 in the future.

Message me his wunderground station id, it’s very much possible to use it with Gen 1/2.

3 Likes

@Gene One word.

1 Like

For me… problem solved!!!

1 Like

Can you add my PWS to rachio??

KTXTYLER101

A post was split to a new topic: Weather Underground station not showing up in Gen 3