Does gen3 use wunderground.com PWS?

It sure looks like my gen3 uses wunderground for it’s pws source. Can anyone else confirm this? The list of stations I can choose from includes stations from wunderground and doesn’t include pwsweather.com stations… This is good news if I’m correct.

Yes. You can select a WU station or let us manage station health using our weather network (which leverages WU, self “healing” stations and interpolated precip data). When I have time I will explain all that we’ve built into Weather Intelligence Plus.

:cheers:

3 Likes

I assume this is all back end changes and there is no technical reason this won’t work with gen 1 and gen 2? If so, when can we expect this functionality in the older generations?

Careful, the anticipation for learning more about Weather Intelligence Plus is about to exceed “When will Apple release the irrigation profile for HomeKit?” level. :grinning:

3 Likes

They are both part of a larger conspiracy theory which story has yet to be told.

3 Likes

ok, I won’t tell anyone…but I think “they” are listening…You may have to encrypt your WIP explanation and provide the key to the worthy…

1 Like

All I can say is I’ve had my PWS reporting to wunderground for about 10 months and set it up to copy data to pwsweather for about 10 days. It’s not showing on Rachio’s network.

i had an issue too TC2, if you let support know your WU station’s ID they can manually set it for you in your account until they get to the bottom of why some aren’t showing.

1 Like

@TC2

Can you PM me more details? Thanks.

1 Like

Me either. It was there and then disappeared when I tried the new weather feature in the gen 3. Now my PWS is no longer being shown for me to select

@Jaycamp

Can you PM me with more details?

Hi. Ive had my PWS on line anout a week now. A nearby WU account shows in Rachio, but mine doesn’t. I have no clue how this will work, but I would like to be part of that network.

@Ddubya

Can you PM me with more information?

Same problem…
With rachio 2 everything works great, I can select my own Netatmo Station on pwsweather.com.
With Rachio 3 I must use WU network so I’ve port my own station on WU (3 days ago) but I can’t find my Weather station in Rachio weather network…

franz… when I got the Rachio 3 (I was one of the very, very first in mid April month) it successfully ported my weather station ID (KILPLAIN41) to whatever the current iOS version was back then. Recently though I noticed that although my weather station was listed as the current in use station, it did NOT appear in the list to choose from. I stupidly as I mentioned previously started picking other stations as well as Weather Intelligence Plus but then couldn’t bring my station back because it wasn’t on the list. You helped me out and had your support folks manually put my account back on my station and it remains that way today, however it also still isn’t in the list. I’m sure if I selected another station there would be no way to get it back.

It’s a WU defect, they are working on a fix, hopefully resolved this week. I’ll let you know when they have fixed it.

2 Likes

Maybe it’ll come out once the last of the Kennedy files are released. :joy:

Any news about WU fix?
My station still no show on Rachio 3…
Regards

@Brulz

WU is telling us the fix will be in by end of week. I’ll post when they have released it.

1 Like

Would it be possible to manually input the station ID (instead of having to choose from the map)?
This would potentially be a good workaround in cases WU api ever goes on the fritz again.